Q. How do I book a study space?
Information on how to book a study space using our online booking system.
In our efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, space bookings are now required to enter the Angus L. Macdonald Library. To book a space:
- Register or update your library account online if you have not done so recently.
- From the library website, click on the "Book a Study Space" tile.
- Read the information relating to our study spaces and then click on the link to "Book a Study Space Now".
- Choose the option to Reserve.
- Select at least 1 filtering option (Zone, Category, or Capacity) and click "Show Availability"
- Scroll down to the grid and across the row of your preferred space, clicking on the green square corresponding to your desired start time. The system booking default is one hour, but you can adjust this by scrolling to the bottom of the grid and selecting your preferred ending time from the drop down menu.
- Click the blue "Submit Times" button.
- Please note that patrons can book up to 7 days in advance.
- Authenticate using your library account credentials (StFX ID Barcode # (2199300...) and the last 4-digits of your home phone number). Contact the library if you cannot make it past this stage or you have not yet registered for a library account.
- Read the terms and conditions and click "Continue".
- Confirm the booking details at the top of the screen.
- Select the type of patron you are from the list and provide any relevant notes pertaining to your booking if required in the text box.
- Click "Submit my Booking"
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking, which contains your confirmation code. Please have this code with you and at the time of your booking
- Present yourself to staff at the main service desk at or just before your start time and we will check you in or direct you how to use our self-check in/out option.
- When you are finished, please use the self-check out option or notify staff at the main service desk on your way out of the building to allow the space to become available for other patrons.
- If you no longer need your space booking, please cancel your booking by either clicking on the cancellation link in your email confirmation or by contacting the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-867-2228.
Was this helpful? 0 0